Are You Are Dedicated and Enthusiastic Massage Therapist?
Do you want to move to a level of Professionalism?
Mentoring is a powerful tool aimed at further developing an individual’s competency to become a successful massage therapist.
A mentor can assist you in gaining a new perspective and to help alleviate the stress and anxiety you may be feeling about starting your new career.
As a Massage mentor I want to assist you in attainting the professional acumen you require, by guiding you with all the necessary requirements to give you the opportunity to gain more confidence as well as more understanding in dealing with patient care and the running of a massage business.
Even though you have completed your training at a certified massage school you still may not be ready to take the next step in commencing your career path. It may be that you don’t have the right contacts and information to get yourself started, or simply lack the motivation and confidence.
By being mentored you will receive one on one support and encouragement by a qualified experienced massage therapist.
You will also have the opportunity to work in a professional massage practice as a locum for myself on the completion of the Mentoring Program, subject to a locum agreement.
Many qualified massage therapists complete their certification feeling lost and unsure of their direction and sometimes have a feeling of being alone as Massage is a solo business.
Through close contact with a Mentor you will receive feedback as to how you are performing, what your strengths and weaknesses are, and where you may need to improve.
You will have the opportunity to raise any issues as well as learn about marketing skills, gain knowledge and experience that will certainly make you more successful in your professional journey.
- Gain more confidence and knowledge through enhancing your skills
- Learn to communicate and deal with difficult patients effectively
- Work in a professional environment with an experienced massage therapist
- Learn to pace yourself and prevent burn out
- Learn how to deal with Work Cover and Motor Vehicle injuries
- Learn how to deal with post surgical conditions
- Learn how to deal with and manage sporting injuries
- Learn how to fill out patient care forms
- Learn to present yourself in a professional manner that is pleasing to patients
- Learn alternative massage techniques that may not be taught in massage schools
- One on one training
- Certificate of completion
- Have Professional risks insurance for a minimum of $2,000,000
- Have a current Senior First Aid certificate
- Be registered with a professional massage association
- Have your own ABN
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Be reliable and committed
- Be enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn
- Have a caring nature
- Have a friendly and professional manner